http://gamingtrend.com
September 23, 2014, 04:44:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone" - any good?  (Read 1563 times)
mytocles
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 08, 2005, 10:59:58 PM »

i like action RPG's (Morrowind, Arx Fatalis, Deus Ex, etc.), but i have a lot of trouble controlling more than one character, duh... in Brute Force my team died so often that i finally started going forward, by myself, and calling them up later.  yeah, i know! :roll:

so, is Demon Stone any good?  and how hard are the other two characters to control? can they stay alive on their own, for example?

edit to add:  i just read the review and the old post about this, but am still curious about the control of the three characters....

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2005, 12:47:47 AM »

hey!  really fun game but id just give it a rent as its pretty short (not sure if that was in reviews or not)

as far as ease of control - yeah real easy, you can basically just let em do their thing and switch as you please to do their various "specials"  basically you can pick a person, more or less forget bout the other 2 (w/ in reason) and switch either when you wanna play a lil bit with the other specials or max out their lil meters which let you do screen clearin type moves.

i liked this an awful lot more than the lord of the rings games that it emulates plus its VERY pretty
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2005, 12:55:14 AM »

thanks Doopri1 - i'm trying to pick out my "Phantom Dust" rebate game at GameStop, and that's one that's in the running.  uh, don't suppose you ever played "Metal Dungeon?". Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2005, 01:01:30 AM »

oh yeah for a cash in then id say what the hell its def worth pickin up.  i never checked out metal dungeon because it seemed to get hammered in reviews and (even with a random generator right?) they said it was kinda repetative wish i coulda helped ya more there but at least from what ive heard md just wasnt very good, whereas demon stone really is smile

oh and thanks for helpin me out w/ the avatar stuff i got it to work (it actually was easy smile) now i just hafta find one that doesnt seem offensive smile
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2005, 01:16:21 AM »

no, that helps a lot - thanks!  i was leaning toward Demon Stone due to those reviews of Metal Dungeon, but i thought i'd check just in case...

you're welcome on the avatar thing! amazing that i could remember enough to get you going on it, lol.  but, don't you have a favorite game or character you could use for an avatar?  i thought that was a "pre-req" for belonging to CG? Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2005, 01:45:16 AM »

Mytocles, I'd like to direct you to my review of the PS2 version here: http://www.consolegold.com/Reviews/review/292.html

Hope that helps.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2005, 01:53:36 AM »

Demon Stone was quite fun, but I'd definately do a rental over a purchase.  I beat it in just over 8 hours.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2005, 01:53:42 AM »

thanks, Dreamshadow, but i did check it out - i seem to remember to run a search three seconds after hitting "submit" on a post - and it helped a lot.  great review, btw, with enough info for me to tell which stuff you liked/ didn't like, that i could stand/ not stand. that's the epitome of a good review in my mind, one that you include enough information that i can end up "deciding for myself" whether to give it a shot! :lol:

thanks Gratch - are there maps?  if it took you 8 hours, it would take me 10 or 12, and if there are no maps - probably about 30 hours! :roll:  sad, but true...

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2005, 02:07:47 AM »

Agree- very fun game with fantastic production values and a very cinematic presentation.  Can easily be completed during a rental though.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2005, 06:18:07 PM »

so, i ended up at Amazon.com, lol.  at GameStop, Demon Stone was $25, plus shipping, used - got it at Amazon for $11.95... and Second Sight (at GameStop: $12. 99 used and back-ordered, or $19.99 new) also, for $9.97.  their shipping is $3.49 for video games, so i got them both for $28.90, total.

what a shame - i still have my $20 rebate at GameStop... :wink:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: