Can I pay someone to put together tabletop miniatures?

Dante Rising
Dante Rising
I'm toying with the idea of purchasing Kingdom Death: Monster, but the one thing holding me back (er...besides the price) are the reviews talking about how time consuming it is to put the figures together. I have neither the time, patience, nor agility to do that properly.

Are their hobby shops that will do this for a fee? I live in the Chicagoland area.

Comments

• uxFOOL
    uxFOOL
    GT Manager
    Interesting question. I have a copy of the game as well, but have just been sitting on it until I can build and paint the minis.

It's like the prog rock of tabletop games. So beautiful.

Mike Dunn
    Executive Producer & Editor-at-Large
    GAMING TREND

• Dante Rising
    Dante Rising
    GT Member
    It looks gorgeous, and the art/styling channels my favorite video games-- Dark Souls/Demon Souls. Did you fund the Kickstarter, or did you get gouged at retail? :)
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member edited May 7
    I would imagine that there might be some hobby shops that offer the service, though since it's super time consuming I don't think any of the big name ones would.

There are online shops that do assembly and/or painting, for a price of course. This site specifically does offer it for Kingdom Death: Monster (without option for magnets since they're so complex): https://www.whitemetalgames.com/services/assembly/

But you can ask them for just assembly and they have 4 different quality levels if you want an estimate on what that would cost.

And I'm sure there are probably plenty more similar assembly and painting shops out there online.
  • uxFOOL
    uxFOOL
    GT Manager
    It looks gorgeous, and the art/styling channels my favorite video games-- Dark Souls/Demon Souls. Did you fund the Kickstarter, or did you get gouged at retail? :)

I funded the 2nd Kickstarter (V 1.5)

Mike Dunn
    Executive Producer & Editor-at-Large
    GAMING TREND