God of War Catch All

farley2k
farley2k
edited April 12 in Video Games
Reviews hit today so I thought we should get a dedicated thread up. I am planning to pick it up when it comes out on the 20th

Gaming Trend review

The apple doesn’t fall far from Yggdrasil — God of War review

God of War (PS4) - Easy Allies Review

Great title for a review!

"God of War PS4 Review - One of the Greatest Games of This Generation"

God Of War Review - Spoiler free

IGN Review

God Of War: 6 Things We Love - Kotaku
*liked the tone a lot in this one

Comments

• EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member edited April 12
    Sounds like it's pretty good. I really need to power on my PS4 and get it all updated before this one comes out, it's been months since I played anything on there.
  • farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    This is a bit spoilery about mechanics but not story. Still I have limited gametime so I like to watch this so I can get the most out of my limited time.

God Of War - 11 Things We Wish We Knew Before We Played

• Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member edited April 12
    I’ll be honest, I completely forgot this was coming out. I’ve played through and really enjoyed all the previous games, looking forward to this one as well.

Does anyone know if there are multiple difficulty levels? Most importantly, an Easy option? I doubt I’d get through it if there’s not.

EDIT: another review mentioned that there is an Easy option. Whew. :)
  • farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    Here are the details straight from the team's latest blog post:

Give Me A Story: lets you experience the story without too much of a difficult gameplay challenge. You won’t be taking a gondola to the top of the highest peaks in all the Norse Realms, but you will have a far greater margin for error in enemy encounters.

Give Me A Balanced Experience: is the mode we’d recommend most players start with. The name says it all. We’ve tuned it to deliver a balanced, challenging playthrough.

Give Me A Challenge: is harder and less forgiving. It is recommended for players who find action games extremely intuitive, and for confident long-time God of War series veterans who’ve beat past games on harder difficulties.

Give Me God of War: is the sort of thing reserved for people who wrestle polar bears in their undies. Maybe not quite that, but it’s the most difficult mode in the game. We haven’t just made you weaker or enemies stronger; we’ve looked at enemy behaviors and placements in encounters as well, tweaking everything to make it as threatening as possible. Best of all, you cannot change difficulties once you start a game on this mode, so if you suddenly realize you’re in way over your head, you’ll have to start a new game. Don’t be sorry, be better?
  • uxFOOL
    uxFOOL
    GT Manager
    Believe the hype on this one, folks. I honestly can't stop playing it and I finished the main storyline 2 days ago.

Mike Dunn
    Executive Producer & Editor-at-Large
    GAMING TREND

• farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    *I would skip this one since it spoils more locations, monsters and game mechanics than any review I have see so far. Still there are not story spoilers so I watched and am happy I did.

God of War Review "Buy, Wait for Sale, Rent, Never Touch?"

• farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    Oh my god! Kratos is Teal'c! Inever really put it together until I saw a review that mentioned it but now I can hear it so easily.

Why can't Jack, Sam, and Daniel join him?

MV5BMTM5MDQ0NjEzNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTU2NjQ4NA@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg
  • MonkeyFinger
    MonkeyFinger
    GT Member
    While I've played all of the other GoW entries in the series, I'm not sure I would have jumped on this one if it was basically MOTS but in 4K and HDR. However, I am completely stoked for one in this 'open world' format. Pre-ordered! =)
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    I posed this question in the WAYBTW thread, but I'll toss it in here, too:

Is anyone getting the Deluxe version? It doesn't seem worth it, but I'm curious what others think.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    God of War Digital Deluxe includes:
    - God of War Digital Full Game
    - God of War Digital Mini Artbook by Dark Horse Comics
    - God of War PS4™ Dynamic Theme
    - “Exile’s Guardian” Shield Skin
    - God of War Digital Comic – Issue 0 by Dark Horse Comics
    - “Death’s Vow” Armor for Kratos
    - “Death’s Vow” Armor for Atreus

Does nothing for me.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    While I've played all of the other GoW entries in the series, I'm not sure I would have jumped on this one if it was basically MOTS but in 4K and HDR. However, I am completely stoked for one in this 'open world' format. Pre-ordered! =)

Yeah, I am exactly in the same boat. I wasn't a huge fan of the old God of War games for several reasons (quicktime events, static cameras, button mashing, etc), but this one excites me.

The fact that it's Norse mythology is like an awesome cherry on top as well. :smiley:
  • Rumpy
    Rumpy
    GT Member
    Hmm, so is this one really different than the others? Those never interested me, but this looks more interesting.
  • uxFOOL
    uxFOOL
    GT Manager
    Rumpy wrote: »
    Hmm, so is this one really different than the others? Those never interested me, but this looks more interesting.

Yes. Considerably different.

Mike Dunn
    GAMING TREND

• Rumpy
    Rumpy
    GT Member
    Will it have RPG elements? One thing that's impressed me with AC: Origins is that with them turning it into an RPG and paying more attention to the culture and lore of a country, they've made a more interesting game with more depth than it ever had going for it, beyond the Templar/Assassin dynamics.
  • uxFOOL
    uxFOOL
    GT Manager
    Rumpy wrote: »
    Will it have RPG elements? One thing that's impressed me with AC: Origins is that with them turning it into an RPG and paying more attention to the culture and lore of a country, they've made a more interesting game with more depth than it ever had going for it, beyond the Templar/Assassin dynamics.

It does. Tons of lore.

Mike Dunn
    GAMING TREND

• Rumpy
    Rumpy
    GT Member
    Well, that convinces me. I'll eventually get it, but first I have to get to Uncharted 4 among other things :)
  • Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    The review actually piqued my interest.
  • Jimmy the Fish
    Jimmy the Fish
    GT Member edited April 21
    Still early in the game but holy crap, the graphics are stunning.
  • Dante Rising
    Dante Rising
    GT Member
    Can I enjoy this without playing the previous games? They are speaking of it as a reboot, so I may jump in, but I don't want to be an outsider in terms of storyline.