Good/Uplifting News Catch All

farley2k
farley2k
I wanted to post this and from time to time I have other things that I think are worth posting so I thought I would make a thread to catch them all

Charity founded in memory of Philando Castile, shot by police officer, pays off school district's entire lunch debt

When Philando Castile, who was killed in his car by a police officer in 2016, was a school meals supervisor in a school in St. Paul, Minn., he was well known for paying for the lunches of kids who could not afford it.

Now a charity founded in his memory, Philando Feeds the Children, has paid off the entire school lunch debt for all 56 schools in the city’s public school system, according to local media.

"That means that no parent of the 37,000 kids who eat meals at school need worry about how to pay that overdue debt," according to an update from the charity’s website. "Philando is still reaching into his pocket, and helping a kid out. One by one. With your help."

The crowdfunding charity was the idea of Metropolitan State University professor Pamela Fergus, whose aim was to raise $5,000 to wipe out lunch debt for students at JJ Hill Montessori, where Castile worked.

Comments

• EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    Yay, I love the idea of this thread! I was coming into P&RN just to mark it as read, but now I have one thread I can read in here. :smile: