BGG.CON 2018 -- Regular tickets on sale 3/[email protected] CST

coopasonic
coopasonic
BGG.CON is a 5 day board game convention in Dallas, TX (DFW Airport) that takes place the week before Thanksgiving every year. Tickets sell out pretty quickly, not PAX quickly, but quickly (an hour or so). It's small compared to the big conventions at around 3,000 attendees, but it's dedicated in purpose, playing board games.

Isgrimnur and I have been going for several years. Now that KSD is a local, he should come too! It's not a huge con for press, but with lots of the hottest games from Essen available to play it could be an opportunity.
Regular badges for BGG.CON 2018 will go on sale on Monday, March 5th sometime around 3:00pm CST.
https://boardgamegeek.com/bggcon/prime

Applications to be an Exhibitor at BGG.CON 2018 have been opened and initial selection will take place the week of February 26th.

Invitations to last year's Premium badge-holders have been sent out and they can now purchase their premium badge for this year. On February 26th we will open up any remaining Premium badges to anyone who wants one.
https://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/BGGCON_Premium_Badges

Comments

• EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member edited February 24
    Man, if I had more money to spend on a trip (and all the games I'd want to buy there, hah!) that sounds like it would be a good time!

I kind of have a bad habit of buying board games that sound/look really cool, and then not being able to find anyone to play them with. :anguished:
  • Mr. Feral
    Mr. Feral
    GT Editor
    My November is completely unpredictable at the moment, but I hope to get the chance to head down there. Covering Pax Unplugged was a chaotic blast, and I would definitely be interested in checking Dallas out.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member edited February 26
    EngineNo9 wrote: »
    Man, if I had more money to spend on a trip (and all the games I'd want to buy there, hah!) that sounds like it would be a good time!

I kind of have a bad habit of buying board games that sound/look really cool, and then not being able to find anyone to play them with. :anguished:

Yeah, it is nice to be local for a number of reasons and I am pretty sure most of us that get into board games end up buying too many in hopes they will get played. At one point I had over 200 board games and would go to 3 or 4 board game meetups a year. Nowadays I play board games about 6 days a year and 4 of those days are at BGG.CON. It's terrible to love board games and be a total introvert with significant social anxiety (no, I am not 100% sure if those are redundant but covering all the bases just in case). Now I probably have around 60 board games, but it's a much tighter collection that I enjoy owning even if I don't play as much as I would like.
    Mr. Feral wrote: »
    My November is completely unpredictable at the moment, but I hope to get the chance to head down there. Covering Pax Unplugged was a chaotic blast, and I would definitely be interested in checking Dallas out.

If you do make it out let us know and maybe we can play a game or two. I can't help you on the tourist front, I've lived here for 20 years and I haven't done most of the tourist stuff myself.

Also @Knightshade_Dragon same goes for you!
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    Tickets go on sale tomorrow! BGG doesn't do free tickets for press, but if you buy a ticket you can get exclusive access to publishers/exhibitors on the first day for interviews or whatnot.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1866345/bggcon-media-badges