Mark All Viewed?

MonkeyFinger
MonkeyFinger
Just wondering if it is working as intended. Based on other sites, if I mark everything read without actually going into the threads I'm not interested in at the moment, they get their 'high water mark' updated to the end of the current discussion. When next in the thread, I start at that marked point, not the last place I actually read up to if that makes sense.

Here, the unread entries just build up and up. Again, just curious if that is how it is meant to work here.

Comments

• Purge
    Purge
    GT Member
    You can mark as read.

It also doesn't lose the count, so when someone posts in a thread where you didn't read 8 posts, when it shows up for notification it goes to 9 as the count.

I prefer it over the alternative.

m62s3ia8dvox.jpg
  • Purge
    Purge
    GT Member
    Note the green circle ... on my browser the icon doesn't show up clearly, but it's like a bookmark tab.
  • uxFOOL
    uxFOOL
    GT Manager
    Yeah, it works how it works, no real insight into how the plugin author intended it to work as there is no real documentation. In fact, I think the plugin isn't even supported anymore...

And yeah, there's no other plugin available. <shrug>

Mike Dunn
    Executive Producer & Editor-at-Large
    GAMING TREND

• MonkeyFinger
    MonkeyFinger
    GT Member edited February 22
    I wasn't asking how to do it, I hope it was somewhat obvious that I in fact was doing it and noted that it doesn't, as you mentioned, "lose the count". Just seems to run counter to other sites, hence the question.

Oh, and thanks Mike, you must have slid in while I was... 'composing'.
  • Purge
    Purge
    GT Member
    I posted the how - because it wasn't immediately obvious when GT first switched over.

I'm in the midst of tech documentation, so I figured I'd post it up. :)
  • MonkeyFinger
    MonkeyFinger
    GT Member
    Yeah, it was something I accidentally stumbled across early on, quite the "aha!" moment. ;)
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    I wasn't asking how to do it, I hope it was somewhat obvious that I in fact was doing it and noted that it doesn't, as you mentioned, "lose the count". Just seems to run counter to other sites, hence the question.

Yeah, I also noticed it doesn't work the same way the old "Mark Everything Read" did, so I find I just go into some threads to get their latest reset.