Lastest reviews section is kind of broken

Jimmy the Fish
Jimmy the Fish
edited February 9 in Forum and Site Feedback
I've noticed something about the main GT page that's been an issue, at least for me, for weeks now. Under 'Latest Reviews', there used to be the row of small image tiles, which when you click on one, a larger image would appear above the row. Clicking the large image would then take you to the review page of that item. Now, all I see is the row of small tiles. The large image area above that row no longer appears, so clicking on the small tiles does not do anything now. I hope that description makes sense.

Also, this was on a Windows PC using the Chrome browser. On an iPad with the Safari browser, it looks fine.

Comments

• uxFOOL
    uxFOOL
    GT Manager
    I've been noticing it too, but for me sometimes it shows and sometimes it doesn't, so I thought it might have been a javascript issue or something.

Looking into it now.

Mike Dunn
    Executive Producer & Editor-at-Large
    GAMING TREND

• uxFOOL
    uxFOOL
    GT Manager
    @Jimmy the Fish are you seeing it now?

Mike Dunn
    GAMING TREND

• Jimmy the Fish
    Jimmy the Fish
    GT Member
    Nope. Still not loading.
  • uxFOOL
    uxFOOL
    GT Manager
    I'm kind of flummoxed. On two different Macbook Pros, I see it on one in Chrome just fine, and on the other I can't. Looks fine on Chrome on my PC. Versions of chrome are consistent across the board. I can't fix a problem if I can't identify it.

I have plans to rebuild that widget from scratch, but that is going to take some time. Not happening right away. <Shrug>

Mike Dunn
    GAMING TREND

• Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    I decided to try it, and I have the same issue. Then I paused AdBlock and it worked just fine.
  • Rumpy
    Rumpy
    GT Member
    Speaking of Javascript, I'm not sure if this is related, but the options menu in the forums doesn't seem to work for me anymore. I see the graphic for the dropdown, and if I hover my mouse over it I see the bubble, but If I click on the menu, it doesn't do anything. I don't get the menu that pops up allowing me to get into edit mode on a post I've already made.
  • uxFOOL
    uxFOOL
    GT Manager
    Rumpy wrote: »
    Speaking of Javascript, I'm not sure if this is related, but the options menu in the forums doesn't seem to work for me anymore. I see the graphic for the dropdown, and if I hover my mouse over it I see the bubble, but If I click on the menu, it doesn't do anything. I don't get the menu that pops up allowing me to get into edit mode on a post I've already made.

browser/OS, etc please? I'll look into it

Mike Dunn
    GAMING TREND

• Rumpy
    Rumpy
    GT Member
    Oops, sorry, I've been here long enough to know better to leave details...

Firefox and Win10, and it's a clean installation.
  • Rumpy
    Rumpy
    GT Member
    Oh, I don't know if it makes a difference, but I backed up my settings from my older installation and restored them, so it's essentially the same thing as it was before.
  • Rumpy
    Rumpy
    GT Member
    I think I've fixed it. It's related to my AV and how HTTPS filtering works. I was actually having tons of problem with websites not loading due to HTTPS filtering ie (SEC_ERROR_BAD_SIGNATURE) causing some websites to load completely without images and some being inaccessible. Once I turned the filtering off, things started working normally, including the menu here.
  • uxFOOL
    uxFOOL
    GT Manager
    mjgztugu2kmw.png

Mike Dunn
    GAMING TREND

• Rumpy
    Rumpy
    GT Member
    Yeah, haha. Thanks for being willing to look into it :)