Games finished - 2018 edition

edited February 20 in Video Games
Time to get a new year of gaming underway. I didn't finish much in 2017, but there were some unexpected gems in there. Looking forward to seeing what's on the horizon for 2018!

- What Remains of Edith Finch (PC) - Jan 1 - A. A fantastic, creative, and emotionally moving game. An prime example of what excellent storytellers can do in this medium. 2 hours
- Lineage 2 Revolution (iPad) - Jan 18 - A. Max leveled my toon and finished the main story quest. After an initial bad first impression, I got completely hooked. Perfect for casual (sometimes afk) play. 60+ hours, so far.

Currently Playing
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Switch)
- Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
- Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition (iPad)
- World of Warcraft (PC)

Played and Quit/Gave up on
- Everybody's Golf - Still play a round on occasion, but have mostly stopped the single player campaign.
- Witcher 3 (PS4) - I may get back into this...really need to see the expansions one of these days.
- Civ VI (iPad and PC) - Love the early game, but don't really like the grind of the end-game. Have yet to actually finish a game, even though I've started probably 20 or so.
- Monster Hunter World (PS4) - I finally understand why the series is so popular. That said, I got bored and/or frustrated with it after around 30 hours. The more complex it got, the less interest I had.
- Zelda Breath of the Wild (Switch) - I'm apparently the only person in the world for whom this game isn't the greatest thing ever. Tried it twice, gotten bored around 10 hours in both times.
- Silence (PC) - Looked great, but the story was so boring and non-sensical that I couldn't be bothered to even make it through the short 5 hours.

• biggercup
    GT Member edited February 28
    2009: Total 41 games (also known as unemployed year)
    2010: Total 11 games
    2011: Total 15 games
    2012: Total 16 games
    2013: Total 15 games
    2014: Total 19 games (short one game from my goal..)
    2015: Total 24 games !!!!
    2016: Total 7 games ? busy working almost non stop:( no time to play:(
    2017: 23 games last year!

Let's see if I can do 30 games this year!

1. 1/7: Dead Rising 2: Case Zero (XBOX 360)
    2. 1/14: Dead Rising 2 (PC)
    3. 1/18: Dead Rising 2: Case West (XBOX 360)
    4. 1/30: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record (PC)
    5. 2/2: Injustice 2 (PS4)
    6. 2/7: Trine 2 (PC)
    7. 2/10: Trine 3 (PC)
    8. 2/13: Halo Wars 2: Operation Spearbreaker DLC (PC)
    9. Y'S I (PC) .. Only took me 20 years to play and beat it :)

• whiteboyskim
    GT Member edited February 15
    Less than 10 games last year, and not sure how many I'll manage to cull out this year. But my goal for 2018 is to actually not buy anything more until my Steam queue is whittled down. So here's my list for the year:

Dead Rising 3 (PC)
    Grim Dawn (PC)
    Dying Light (PC)
    Detective Hank and the Golden Sneeze (PC)
  • Jumangi
    GT Member edited March 14
    CoD: WWII
    Forza 7(Drivers champ cup)
    Ratchet & Clank

#Finished previous years

2017: 12
    2016: 13
    2015: 15
    2014: 16
    2013: 17
    2012: 13
    2011: 15
    2010: 13
    2009: 14
    2008: 10
    2007: 11
  • Andrew Wonser
    Andrew Wonser
    GT Member edited March 3
    Infamous Second Son - 2/18 Evil Play-through 3/2 (Buy)
  • farley2k
    GT Moderator
    I actually finished a game! I am trying to get through my backlog and so I put in H:ZD after a few months off and I was actually quite close to the end. Last night I finished it up!!!

Sadly I felt as I often do about finishing games....I liked playing more than finishing. They threw in a very tough boss fight at the end which felt weirdly out of place in a game where you have been able to use all sorts of strategies to whittle away at an opponent. They even did the cliche "timer" where you have to beat it in a certain time, and the cliche of you have to beat it in a certain way (I died many times before I figured you have to target the legs when the heater thingies come out)

So again I was left feeling more annoyed than proud or happy. I guess that is why I often don't finish games. The convoluted "final challenges" developers come up with I often don't find fun.

Still it is something I can scratch off my list!