The Nobody Groped Me Club

rittchard
rittchard
Not to belittle the experiences of people who have been sexually harassed/groped or whatever, but I'm starting to feel like I'm the last person on the planet who *hasn't* been groped or harassed. Am I not worthy or attractive enough to be groped? Am I too old and fat now, so I've lost my window? Should I call Louis CK to see if he wants to jo in front of me or will he just turn me down?
The Harassment Poll
  1. Have you experienced any form of sexual harassment in your lifetime?5 votes
    1. Yes, #MeToo
      40.00%
    2. I've been groped but I asked for it
      20.00%
    3. I'm still waiting, it's just a matter of time
      20.00%
    4. Nope, I'm apparently not sexy enough
      20.00%
    5. Hold on, Louis CK is at the door!
        0.00%
    6. Rittchard has crossed the line, ban him!
        0.00%

Comments

• Jimmy the Fish
    Jimmy the Fish
    GT Member
    Lol, I ain't touching this, or you for that matter, with a ten foot pole.
  • rittchard
    rittchard
    GT Member
    Now Matt Lauer??? Seriously? I mean he's looking kind of old and ratty now but in his heyday I'd pay to get groped by him!
  • Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    How about Garrison Keillor?
  • farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    79CsoHX.jpg
  • rittchard
    rittchard
    GT Member
    lol that eggbubs thing really does kind of make a good point. Last night at dinner I just made up some random thing about what Matt Lauer did and immediately my partner asked me if that was what had happened. I'm not condoning the bad behaviors and mentality but it's creepy how quickly things have turned into almost a witchhunt/mob mentality. It's like you can say anything about anyone and immediately people will jump on it and assume it's real. There have been so many now I've lost track and I frankly don't know which were actually confirmed or not.

Of course it all still begs the question how many of these have left to firings or people stepping down, yet somehow Trump remains unscathed by his pussy grabbing stuff.
  • Jimmy the Fish
    Jimmy the Fish
    GT Member
    The difference is that all these non-politicians have to answers to corporate HR departments that wield the power to terminate. Politicians only answer to themselves and their peers which in of itself is a big freaking joke.
  • Knightshade_Dragon
    Knightshade_Dragon
    GT Manager
    Honestly, I'm surprised that this hasn't gotten even bigger. It's pretty clear it's a systemic problem at this point. Just wondering if that'll ever have any real consequences for those outside of Hollywood...

Ron Burke
    Editor in Chief
    GAMING TREND

Xbox Gamertag: Gaming Trend
    PS4 Tag: GamingTrend

• Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    Good friend of mine from high school works as a producer in Hollywood. I asked her if this is just the light being shone on a few cockroaches, or if the bad behavior is as entrenched as it looks.

Her response was something to the effect of, "If this movement takes down everyone that sexually harasses women, there won't be a single person left working in Hollywood."
  • rittchard
    rittchard
    GT Member
    Gratch wrote: »
    Good friend of mine from high school works as a producer in Hollywood. I asked her if this is just the light being shone on a few cockroaches, or if the bad behavior is as entrenched as it looks.

Her response was something to the effect of, "If this movement takes down everyone that sexually harasses women, there won't be a single person left working in Hollywood."

Well you'd have to broaden that to "harasses anyone", so that you can include all the sleazy gay dudes too B)
  • Purge
    Purge
    GT Member
    Not a big name in US TV, but Canadian actor/director/producer Albert Schultz now has four civil cases against him.
  • Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    Purge wrote: »
    Not a big name in US TV, but Canadian actor/director/producer Albert Schultz now has four civil cases against him.

Arnie Dogan, the musical roofer, on rthe red Green Show.
  • Purge
    Purge
    GT Member
    Yup. As is the Director for Crash.