Funny how things change

naednek
I know it's mainly due to people moving on unfortunately, but I find it funny that this sub-forum is so dead considering all the material our President freely provides. Whereas we had Obama, who really wasn't very controversial.

This is the time to be vocal about a president who has no reason to be a president for obvious reasons.

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • uxFOOL
    GT Manager
    I think it's primarily because people are having these conversations elsewhere, like on Facebook and Twitter. I know my Facebook wall is dominated by it.

We still have a bunch of lurkers, based on the forums stats. it's just a matter of drawing them in...

Mike Dunn
    Executive Producer & Editor-at-Large
    GAMING TREND

• Gratch
    GT Member
    I'm actively trying to avoid political discussion online, outside of OO R&P. It just gets my blood pressure up and causes me stress that I don't need in my life right now.
  • Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    A discussion with an old friend over the Charlie Hebdo cover put the final nail in the coffin of our friendship. It had been on a downhill slide for a while, but it sure went out with a bang.
  • Purge
    GT Member
    Care to post the img @Isgrimnur ?
  • Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    An image search of "Charlie Hebdo Texas" will put you right on it.
  • Purge
    GT Member
    Isgrimnur wrote: »
    An image search of "Charlie Hebdo Texas" will put you right on it.

Please tell me you fall on the side of "Real people died in a real disaster, and this has nothing to do with God's Wrath(tm) or Neo Nazis".
  • Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    That particular line of discussion didn't enter into it, though I do agree with your statement.

He was offended that they had the gall to joke about it. My counter was that offensive satire was kinda their thing. He wished death on the workers, which I took issue with. He then drew a comparison to the removal of confederate statues and decided that made mocking the dead no longer a right. I then pointed out that he wore the uniform of this country to defend the Constitution, and that it's nice to know it's not worth defending anymore because someone got their feelings hurt.

He told me to fuck off, I kindly invited him to do the same.
  • Purge
    GT Member
    Murky area - I'm not sure how changing the reality of what happened in the civil war compares to the biting political satire of a European political cartoon.

The comic is tasteless, but that really isn't different for them.

Does he know he agrees with the Muslim extremist factions? That can't be a comforting thought.
  • Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    He's become a caricature of the man I used to know, becoming more right-wing radical as the years go by. He's not the man I became friends with anymore. It had been obvious for a few years, and this was just the trigger point. Saving me the effort, he went scorched earth and unfriended me on Facebook and Steam.
  • Purge
    GT Member
    Well, I'm Canadian. Which means that if I ever swing too far to the right, your political scale would list me as a moderate left. ;)