Random new game trailers and videos

EngineNo9
I run across new game trailers and videos somewhat often but a lot of them don't seem to warrant a brand new thread for a small game if there won't be much discussion on it.

I figured we could start this thread to post them all in similar to the Random YouTube and NSFW funny pic threads and then at least they get some visibility en masse.

Comments

• 117 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • EngineNo9
    GT Member
    Solstice Chronicles: MIA launch date announcement:
  • EngineNo9
    GT Member
    Indivisible coming to Switch this fall:
  • EngineNo9
    GT Member
    De Blob 2 has a launch trailer for their Steam release (and a 25% off launch price):
  • EngineNo9
    GT Member
    Gigantic has an open beta trailer, along with the announcement it will go full release July 20th:
  • EngineNo9
    GT Member
    Bohemia Interactive has released Argo for FREE on Steam, it's a 5v5 tactical shooter:
  • EngineNo9
    GT Member
    Get Even has a launch trailer. Psychological horror shooter of some sort
  • EngineNo9
    GT Member
    Steel Division: Normandy 44 has a new trailer explaining their rules of war. I've never been a big war gaming fan, but I do like the idea of watching your dynamic frontline and battling to push it forward.
  • EngineNo9
    GT Member
    Kinda neat, Star Trek: Bridge Crew released a 360 degree trailer for their VR game:
  • EngineNo9
    GT Member
    Trailer for GORN, which looks to be the combination of "funny physics" meets "bloody violence" in something that people want to do in VR.
  • EngineNo9
    GT Member
    Here's a live action trailer for Serial Cleaner, featuring some nice funk:

• farley2k
    GT Moderator
    Perhaps this would fit here.

• farley2k
    GT Moderator

• EngineNo9
    GT Member
    farley2k wrote: »

You betcha! :)
  • EngineNo9
    GT Member
    This game Ticket to Earth just came out and seems like an interesting mix of turn-based tactics combat and matching game

• EngineNo9
    GT Member
    Yonder looks like a very pretty action adventure type game maybe in the vein of Zelda.
  • Blackjack
    GT Member edited June 30
    EngineNo9 wrote: »
    Solstice Chronicles: MIA launch date announcement:
    While I'm excited about this Fig-crowd funded twin-stick shooter - from the makers of the more squad-RTS-like The Red Solstice - releasing July 26 (months earlier than I expected) the Survival Alpha I've played some has left me with mixed feelings.

I'm constantly dry on ammo in it, and many of the AI enemies are not terribly interesting (they just beeline directly towards you; I prefer more variety in enemy attacks). It has an interesting skills tree but we couldn't get far enough in the Survival Alpha to really experience it. The drone is interesting but I found some of its abilities non-intuitive and sometimes just confounding to understand how to use. That worries me from the standpoint that imho The Red Solstice had an awfully high barrier for new players on how to best play it.

I haven't created a thread on it because I don't know how much there'll be to talk about and as a PC-only game I don't expect there'd be that much interest here in chatting about it, or at least not as much as there would be if it were a multi-platform title. Hopefully the SP campaign will be more interesting and be more intuitive.
  • EngineNo9
    GT Member
    I'm definitely interested in Solstice Chronicles: MIA. I guess I'd have to be since I backed it on Fig, but I didn't get the alpha at my level so still waiting on launch.

I'm hoping that they balance a lot of things in the Survival mode based off the alpha feedback. There is a lot of time in a month to at least tweak and tune things like ammo. It's a new mode compared to the campaign, so I guess there may be some learning there for them.

To me the biggest issue with The Red Solstice was more that it looked like a twin-stick shooter but didn't play like one at all. Here they've changed it to control as I would expect, so hopefully it can get a bigger audience.
  • EngineNo9
    GT Member
    Ashworld has released a launch trailer despite no info on launch date beyond "soon". It strikes me as kind of an open world Mad Max version of the old NES Zelda games...drive and run around the top world map and delve into sidescroller "dungeons".
  • EngineNo9
    GT Member edited June 30
    My Time at Portia is some kind of "simulation RPG", which maybe means it has a bit of crafting and stuff in it? I dunno, but you can download the alpha and check it out if you want, either on Steam as a demo or here:
    http://portia.pathea.net/
  • EngineNo9
    GT Member edited July 1
    I just saw Global Adventures pop up in my Steam trailers feed. Seems like an interesting mix of Action RPG with seemingly twin stick shooting and the treasure hunting pulp aesthetic.

Oh, and I guess they have a Kickstatrer that just launched at the same time now, too (although it seems to be basically acting as a closed beta buy-in with a very low goal and many tiers of f2p rewards...):
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/945211926/global-adventures-an-action-packed-pc-mmo
  • EngineNo9
    GT Member
    The Sudden Strike series is back and looking really good graphically at least. I was always intrigued by their more individual soldier take on the RTS genre, but I don't think I ever really played the games beyond a demo or two.
  • EngineNo9
    GT Member
    From the makers of Car Mechanic Simulator comes Junkyard Simulator. Which actually looks more interesting than I would have thought:
  • Knightshade_Dragon
    GT Manager
    tooting my own horn a bit, there's a LOT of videos in this article from E3:

http://gamingtrend.com/editorials/best-of-e3-2017-winners-and-nominees/

Ron Burke
    Editor in Chief
    GAMING TREND

Xbox Gamertag: Gaming Trend
    PS4 Tag: GamingTrend

• EngineNo9
    GT Member
    Wild West Online seems like an interesting mix of MMO and survival game in a fairly well fleshed out and polished product from this early gameplay video. It will be interesting to see if there is any long-term content in the game, though, since it sounds like they aren't building for much progression.
  • EngineNo9
    GT Member
    New trailer for Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem (formerly known as Umbra when it was on Kickstarter ages ago) looks really nice!
  • EngineNo9
    GT Member edited July 14
    Quest Hunter looks like a neat little action RPG that's supposed to have some focus on the branching dialog and humor elements. It's supposed to be out sometime this month, so shouldn't be long to find out how it is.
  • EngineNo9
    GT Member
    If you ever wanted to work for NASA or you're just tired of only fixing cars on Earth, go be a high tech mechanic in Space Mechanic Simulator.
  • EngineNo9
    GT Member
    Or maybe you'd rather work for the military and be a Tank Mechanic. Hmm, I'm sensing a theme from these guys...
  • EngineNo9
    GT Member
    Top 5 best looking indie games of July 2017 (although it's actually 10 games, 5 Honorable mentions and 5 more "top" games), featuring:
    • Sundered
    • Resynth
    • The End is Nigh
    • Iron Crypticle
    • Pyre
    • Shadow Bug
    • Mind Reflection
    • Serial Cleaner
    • Yonder
    • Black the Fall
  • jztemple2
    GT Member
    I love that Tank Mechanic is still ten months away but they actually have a date for it, but since it is D-Day (June 6th) I guess that would be a good day to chose. However, I think I burned out on this genre after two Car Mechanic Simulator games, so I'd have to see that it has something special.