[android] Planescape Torment coming April 11

farley2k
edited March 30 in Portable Gaming Apps
The RPG classic Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition is coming to Android on April 11th

planescape-torment-enhanced-edition-android-google-play-mobile.png

Beamdog has just announced that the classic 90s RPG Planescape: Torment is coming to Android on April 11th in an all new enhanced edition. This is the developer behind the recent Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale enhanced editions that really whet our whistles.

As you can expect at this point, the enhanced version will feature support for higher resolutions, a redesigned UI, spliced in modern mechanics like zooming in, and various tweaks and fixes that didn't make it into the final build back in the day.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Dante Rising
    GT Member
    Looking forward to this one. I have the original GOG version loaded up on my PC, but never got around to playing it. I would prefer moving over to iOS, so I'll probably grab this version.
  • Gratch
    GT Member
    I beat this on PC a few years back, but have always wanted to give it another try. Will get to it...eventually.
  • Dante Rising
    GT Member
    Just wanted to report in that I am waist-deep in the iOS version of Torment, and the port is absolutely brilliant. Very stable, extra game features, zooming abilities, font scaling, etc, all make the mobile version a pleasure to play on my 12.9" iPad.

The combat is still clunky as hell, but the story and writing is just as good as I remembered. Highly recommended for CRPG fans, or those gamers with the nostalgia bug.
  • farley2k
    GT Moderator
    Glad it is good.

I have it on my wish list for Android but I know in my heart I would never put enough time into it. It was a long game.