To the Moon HD headed to Android and ios

farley2k
farley2k
edited August 2016 in Portable Gaming Apps
To the Moon' heads to iOS, Android in HD

To the Moon is a heartwarming RPG that landed on PC in 2011 and quickly found success, garnering multiple accolades including a nomination at the 2012 Independent Games Festival. In 2017, mobile players will get the chance to play To the Moon in an HD, remastered version coming from Ragnarok Online developer XD Network. The iOS and Android editions feature updated mechanics and a softer overall design: The original game's sharp pixel edges have been smoothed out in a painting-inspired art style.

Comments

• Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    on 1470344889:

To the Moon' heads to iOS, Android in HD

To the Moon is a heartwarming RPG that landed on PC in 2011 and quickly found success, garnering multiple accolades including a nomination at the 2012 Independent Games Festival. In 2017, mobile players will get the chance to play To the Moon in an HD, remastered version coming from Ragnarok Online developer XD Network. The iOS and Android editions feature updated mechanics and a softer overall design: The original game's sharp pixel edges have been smoothed out in a painting-inspired art style.

This is not at all an RPG, but it is simply fantastic and charming.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    on 1470351311:

This is not at all an RPG, but it is simply fantastic and charming.

Agreed on both counts.

It's one of the only games I've ever played that literally brought me to tears.
  • farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    I am very excited to get it when it comes out.

• farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    NEWS!

Beloved Story-Driven Adventure 'To the Moon' Hitting iOS and Android Next Month

n August of last year, developer Freebird Games announced that they'd be partnering up with X.D. Network to bring the beloved indie hit To the Moon to the mobile platform, and that day is finally approaching. Originally released on desktops in 2011, To the Moon follows the story of two doctors who travel through the memories of terminally I'll patients in order to fulfill the patient's dying wish by way of implanting the experience into their brains. In this particular instance the patient Johnny's last wish is to go to the moon, and as the doctors travel back through Johnny's entire life of memories they'll discover all the reasons why that's what he wants to do. It's a pretty trippy concept and To the Moon is quite an emotional journey. Despite looking like a classic 16-bit RPG, To the Moon is entirely story-based and there's no combat, inventories, party management, or any of the other traditional RPG elements. The game was originally created in RPG Maker, and what X.D. Network is doing is completely remaking the game in Unity in order to port it to Android and iOS, meaning it will have a slightly different visual look and improved UI over the original, and they've sent along some screens of the new version to give us an idea of what it's like.

unnamed.jpg

unnamed-3.jpg

unnamed-4.jpg
  • farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    Hands on from AppSpy

• farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    I just picked it up on Android for $1.99. I haven't gotten very far but I hope it will be the great journey many have said it is.