Attention PATHFINDER gamemasters: are there enough creatures in your campaign? The correct answer is “no” — there are NEVER ENOUGH MONSTERS, especially when Halloween approaches. The fine folks at Paizo are bringing us the fourth volume in their successful Bestiary series, so you can properly terrorize your players with a host of new monstrosities.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Bestiary 4 introduces more than 300 new monsters for use in the Pathfinder RPG, including creatures from classic horror literature and monster films, such as blood-drinking nosferatu, gargantuan kaiju, mythical demon lords, and even the Great Old One, Cthulhu! Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary 4 also includes:
- New player-friendly races like changelings, kitsune, and nagaji
- New creatures to construct, like clockworks and juggernauts
- New familiars, animal companions, and other allies
- New templates to get more life out of classic monsters
- Appendices to find the right monster, including lists by Challenge Rating, monster type, and habitat
- Expanded universal monster rules to simplify combat
- Challenges for every adventure and every level of play
The “Great Old Ones” from Lovecraft’s Cthulhu mythos (now in the public domain) are an especially tasty addition to this volume. The hardcover will set you back $39.99 at your friendly neighborhood gaming store, while a PDF copy goes for $9.99 (starting October 30) at paizo.com.