Welcome back to Games for the Masses, where you pay less to play more! This week we must submit ourselves to recommending a game beloved by Capitalists. And why shouldn’t they love it? It’s main character is a greedy oppressor who–not content with merely crushing your proletarian Brothers and Sisters from afar–hides his cowardly face behind a mask in order to physically brutalize them. If you must experience the life of this “Bat Man”, sleep soundly knowing that its makers are receiving little of your wage. If you can only get one, I suggest Arkham Asylum–it is a more complete experience.
If you prefer slower games, be sure to head over to see the sale celebrating Stardock’s 20th anniversary. The stars of the show are Galactic Civilizations II and Sins of a Solar Empire. GalCiv II remains one of the best space 4X titles made in the last ten years, and Sins takes GalCiv’s excellent gameplay and effectively transfers it into a real-time.
Other great deals this week?
- Dear Esther ($1)–A wonderful little meditation, this indie “walker” isn’t complicated, but it does an excellent job of creating mood. And come on: it’s a single dollar.
- Overlord ($2)–If you can imagine Pikmin crossed with Dungeon Keeper, you have the right idea. Overlord is silly, but it is more fun than you’d think, based on the premise.
- Bioshock 1 + 2 ($10)–If you’ve somehow managed to avoid playing the Bioshock series since 2008, now is your chance. The sequel can drag a bit in the middle, but the last few hours are actually better than you’ve heard–give it a shot.
- This week’s Humble Weekly Sale focuses on Hothead Games–if you’re a fan of Penn Arcade you’ll get your copies of On the Rain Slick Precipice of Darkness 1 & 2.
- There’s even a new Humble Bundle, focusing on interesting board games–Greed Corp and Ticket to Ride should keep you busy. If you want t bit more insanity, try Worms Reloaded. Incredipede is the stuff of nightmares–but it looks fun.
Those were the best deals our deep agents could uncover. If one slipped through our intelligence net, send a microfilm to HQ by leaving a comment below! Game on, comrades!