Welcome back to Games for the Masses, where you pay less to play more! This week the aliens are among us, as it’s X-COM, X-COM, and–guess what? More X-COM! Looking for the classic Microprose X-COM experience? How about the entire classic X-COM library (even the flight sim X-COM Interceptor) for less than $4? Want something a bit more modern? Well, you can bring your sectoids to 3D with 2012′s X-COM: Enemy Unknown for free all weekend. As in at no cost. F-R-E-E. If you like it–and you will–you can make the purchase final for less than $10! Other big deals this weekend?
- Final Fantasy VII–The classic Square RPG. Spoilers–Sephirioth is not a nice guy.
- Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition--A fantastic recreation of another classic RPG. Adding 3 new characters and many of Baldur’s Gate II’s iinterface improvements, the Enhanced Edition is a solid remake of a lengthy, rewarding game.
- Spec Ops: The Line ($15)–The unmatched and unmatchable achievement of the last console generation. Spec Ops will make you deeply consider why play the games you do.
- Greenman is having a Multi-game sale. Pick 2 games and get a pretty stiff discount on your choice.
- The Humble Mobile Bundle 2 is out–no experience with any of the games in it, but you can pay as much–or little–as you chose!
- Indie Royale’s Debut Bundle 5 has some interesting projects you might be interested in checking out
- NotonSteam.com is having a huge sale on games that are currently not carried on Valve’s ubiquitous platform. Careful though–some of these projects are pre-orders.
Those were the best deals we could find this week. Think we missed a big deal? Let us know in the comments. Game on, Comrades!