The steampunk-inspired fantasy MMO City of Steam just got a fairly big update bringing back two races, adding a class, and reworking the world map. I gave City of Steam a go a few months back, while it was in closed beta, and while MMOs aren’t really my thing, I was fairly impressed considering the RPG was running in my browser.
A full list if the updates includes:
- Raised Level Cap: 38
- Channeler (making its glorious return)
- Greenskins and Dwarves (also making their triumphant return)
- New Suburb: Founder’s Annex
- New Crafting System: Kiln
- New Event: Siege of the Spire (finally!)
- New Cosmetic Items
- New Collection System
- Items on the ground now have tooltips
- Completely reworked World Map
If you’re looking for a way to kill your time, you can probably do worse than than City of Steam.