The next few weeks will see many new developments in the world of Halo 4, and those of you itching for the low-down needn’t look further than GamingTrend.com. Here’s all the major announcements revealed in 343′s latest blog post that any Halo fan needs to know about:
The Halo 4 Infinity Challenge:
Many gamers were sad to see the decline of skill-based rank, but 343 Industries hopes to temporarily give those gamers their fix with the Infinity Challenge. The Infinity challenge begins December 17th, and will create an online leaderboard in spartan ops and war games, and the highest scores will win swag, including one very talented player who will win a UNSC-themed, V8-powered 2013 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor truck designed by 343 Industries. Thos interested in entering in the tournament can do so here.
Spartan Ops Goes on Mid-Season Break:
The first half of spartan ops’ first season has kept fans tuning in each week, and they can look forward to more episodes to be released starting in late January. Until then, players can enjoy a “highlights reel” of past episodes for play via matchmaking, and all levels will continue to be playable. Then from December 17th-January 14th the first five episodes will rotate through matchmaking.
Halo 4′s first map pack entitled, “Crimson map pack” will become available on December 10th and with it the DLC playlist. This will include all of the gametypes normally available, but will guarantee use of the new maps available to players.The game types available will be as follows:
• Infinity Slayer – Shatter
• Capture the Flag – Shatter
• Extraction – Shatter
• King of the Hill – Shatter
• Infinity Slayer – Wreckage
• Capture the Flag – Wreckage
• King of the Hill – Wreckage
• Oddball – Wreckage
• Infinity Slayer – Harvest
• Capture the Flag – Harvest
• King of the Hill – Harvest
In addition, the new maps will be added to already existing playlists as follows:
• Infinity Slayer – Harvest
• Big Team Infinity Slayer – Wreckage and Shatter
• Dominion – Shatter
• Capture the Flag – Harvest and Wreckage
• SWAT – Harvest
• Team Slayer Pro – Harvest
DLC Previews & Achievements:
Speaking of the upcoming DLC, 343 Industries made available several videos detailing the maps recently; check them out!
Also, the achievements were announced earlier and will net 250 additional gamerscore points if they can tackle them all.
“Now They Fly? – Get a kill while airborne in a Warthog.
Size Is Everything – Kill 20 enemies with a detached Machine Gun Turret.
ODST – Kill a player while you’re airborne from using a Man Cannon.
Bigfoot – Kill 20 enemies using the Mantis’ stomp attack.
David and Goliath – Board an enemy Mantis.
Clay Pigeon – Shoot an enemy out of the air while they use the Man Cannon.
Special Delivery – Kill an enemy with a melee attack when landing from a Man Cannon.
Pump Yer Brakes – Score the killing blow on a Mantis.”
Halo 4 Title Update:
Halo 4 got quite a few fixes recently, and in case you were wondering what exactly has changed, 343 Industries recently let the cat out of the bag.
• Implemented general stability improvements
• Fixed glitch where quickly reloading after firing the Boltshot resulted in an instant reload
• Fixed glitch where sprinting prior to activating the Hardlight Shield allowed players to move faster
• Fixed glitch were players could throw a grenade and then immediately sprint afterwards to perform a high velocity grenade
• Fixed glitch where Mantis could fire more rockets without reloading if the machine gun was fired partway through unleashing the charged missile barrage
• Fixed issue where DLC was unavailable for other profiles on the same console
• Fixed issue where DLC disappeared after console reboot
• Fixed issue where players could not unlock Campaign completion achievements when using a rally point other than Alpha for any mission to finish the Campaign
• Fixed issue where players were not given credit for completion of a Spartan Ops Episode Difficulty Challenge when completing it through Matchmaking
• Fixed issue where players with 99 or more Xbox LIVE friends could not get File recommendations
• Fixed issue where loadout configurations were lost if the game was booted and then powered off before passing the “Press START” screen
• Fixed issue where attempting to upload large films to the File Share under poor network conditions caused the upload to fail
• Improved time to load variants with separate profiles
• Fixed issue where moving a profile from one controller port to another after relaunching the game reset loadout settings
• Improved consistency of random ordnance navigation marker display
• Fixed performance issues when launching Halo Waypoint from Halo 4
Halo fans can rejoice at all the upcoming content available to them, and you can follow all of it here on Gaming Trend.