Heads up, MMO Players! Rift has gone and released a full-fledged expansion for their popular magic + technology fantasy game, bringing some massive amounts of new content. Even at a glance this looks like a huge thing as far as expansions go – tripling the size of the existing world, raising the level cap, what looks like some form of housing, and more! This expansion features the Ascended and the Defiant facing off against the dragon lords Crucia and Regulos, which frankly sounds like two expansions in one. More details inside.
Straight from the press release, here’s what we’re looking at with this expansion.
A VAST NEW WORLD
• Adventure across two huge new continents that more than triple the size of the existing world
• Experience epic stories that reveal the true power in Telara … and the gateway to the planes
• Make your move to the island city of Tempest Bay, a new stronghold for both Guardians and Defiant
10 MORE LEVELS, 4 MORE SOULS
• A new Soul for each Calling expands the Ascended Class System – build the hero you want!
• Rise to new heights of power through 10 challenging levels, increasing the level cap to 60
• Play your way! Choose how you level with questing and Instant Adventure everywhere, onslaughts, rifts, events, and more
BRAVE THE STORM
• Achieve greatness with 7 new dungeons, 3 raids, a Chronicle, and more!
• Join the Hunt: New rift gameplay propels you into battling increasingly-challenging planar bosses
• Fight legions of fantastic creatures, including a Colossus that interacts with – and ravages – the world like you’ve never seen
MAKE TELARA YOUR OWN
• Dimensions: Customizable spaces allow players and guilds to own a sliver of Telara
• Take your professions to new heights with Grandmaster crafting
• Become the talk of the town and boost your stats with stylish new capes
• New puzzles, artifacts and collectibles, achievements, mounts, pets, titles, and much more
That looks like a truly monstrous amount of content being added to what’s already a solid game. I played this one to 50 roundabout when it launched, and we here at GT will be sending up a full review of the expansion soon. In the meantime, those additions look like a great draw for established players and new, curious ones alike.