Resident Evil 6 is hitting stores this fall, and some new announcements might make the game a whole lot more appealing for some. First, Ada Wong will join Leon, Chris, and Jake as playable characters in the game. Each character will have their own single player campaign. More exciting news comes in the form of the new Agent Hunt mode, which will allow gamers to infiltrate other players’ sessions as an enemy zombie or other C-virus mutation. More details about the new gameplay mode are after the break, along with screenshots and videos showing off both of today’s announcements.
So how does Agent Hunt Mode work?
- Complete the main campaigns for either Leon, Chris or Jake to then unlock the Agent Hunt stages for each of those respective campaigns
- When creating an RE6 gameplay session a player has the option to allow/not allow Agent Hunt
- When a hunter searches for a session to join they will see whether or not other players from around the world want to allow hunters into their game
- The hunter then picks another player’s session to join and jumps into that session (Only certain stages will be available for Agent Hunt sessions)
- The agent side can be either a single human player with an AI partner, or two human players in co-op mode. Up to two separate hunters can join an Agent Hunt session. When a hunter dies they respawn in the same session as a different random enemy from that area.
- If the hunter eliminates the agent then they will be taken to a ‘hunt successful’ results screen where they can join another session if they wish.
- If the agent is eliminated then their game session will end exactly as if they had been playing a standard game session with CPU enemies.
- If the hunter quits the session then the agent’s game continues as normal with all AI enemies.
Resident Evil 6 is set to be released on October 2, just weeks before Halloween. The two videos and screenshot galleries below provide a preview of just how scary things will get.