The new MMORPG The Secret World is due to launch this summer and developer/publisher Funcom promises that it will revolutionize the genre. Set in modern times, The Secret World is a place where legends are real, mythical creatures exist, and a handful of secret societies are controlling everything from behind the scenes. Funcom hopes that this unique storyline, along with plenty of bonuses, will be enough to get MMO gamers on board before the PC launch in June.
Today marks the start of their pre-order campaign, and there’s a long list of goodies being offered to those who join in.
Gamers who pre-order The Secret World will receive:
- Guaranteed access to all Beta Weekends starting May 11, with the ability to carry over their characters to every subsequent event
- Guaranteed Early Access to the game, up to four days prior to the game’s official launch
- An exclusive in-game item providing an experience boost to progression
- An exclusive in-game t-shirt featuring a unique monster design
- A powerful pet (Ferocious Wolf, Egyptian Cat or Loyal Hound) to support the player in combat
- A head start on character naming before the game launches
Of particular note is the guaranteed access to Beta Weekends, which are slated to run most weekends between May 11, 2012 and the game’s launch on June 19. These events will offer beta access to content that will vary between dates, providing an increasingly in-depth preview of the story and gameplay. You can also access the beta events by signing up at The Secret World website, but with a reported 750,000 gamers already registered, the competition to get in will be fierce.