If you have ever played Ticket to Ride, then you know how much fun the game is. Sometimes it’s hard to find the time to get friends together to play games though. If you have an iPad, then you are in luck. Days of Wonder has announced that version 1.1 is now available. Here are a few of the improvements they have made:
- Pass-and-Play: You can now play alongside up to 4 of your friends with your iPad! You can even mix real players and robots. You can view the actions taken by others on their previous turn, including the specific routes they claim.
- You can now mute voices (Settings in the Mechanic’s room).
- You may skip various animations by tapping the screen (e.g. start up, Ticket completion, end-of-game with fast-forward skip button on the side).
- Better support for colorblind players.
- Buttons in Central Station now have names for easier navigation.
- You can now set the number of players when creating an online game from the Restaurant.
- When you choose Tickets, cities of the currently selected Tickets are highlighted in blue for easier planning before confirming your choices.
- Just-in-time log in: to avoid problems for players with poor Wi-fi connections, Ticket to Ride now logs on to the Days of Wonder server only at the last moment, and only when necessary. We also added an automatic quick recovery in case of connection loss.
- Several crashing bugs have been fixed.
- Various user interface usability improvements.
It sounds like they have made some great enhancements. If you already have this, then make sure you update it. If you don’t, then now might be a good time to look into it. Here are a couple of screen shots for you to look at as well. See how it compares to the actual board game.